I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Monday, June 20, 2005

We're Here!

The Raceks and I have officially moved into our Culver City residence. So long Los Angeles. We're in the 'burbs. (or as close to the burbs as you can get). We live at the end of a cul de sac in a nice residential neighborhood. I knew we hit the 'burbs when the neighbors came over to welcome us.

The funny part is there is a kid next door (actually he is about 16) who goes to the mathnasium. So when the he and the dad came over to say hello Miles and I looked at each other and were like "Hey I know you!" Now he's gonna tell his family how I'm a mini-dictator over at the Mathnasium (just kidding I'm really very nice).

As some of you know there has been high drama in this whole California housing project. Now I'm at liberty to write my expose on the California Real Estate Market. If I had to sum up the experience in one word it would be SCANDALOUS. From beginning to end. Their has been intrigue, subterfuge, and seduction. Okay maybe not seduction, but I'm sure it's not from lack of trying. Anyway I'm resting these next few days and gathering my wits so I can make it a funny unforgettable tale, Tanika-style. Stay tuned.

Blactoid: I'm currently reading The Color Purple by Alice Walker and one of the main characters Celie is married to this guy named Mr. ______ . It was a marriage of convenience (his convenience, of course) it's set during the early 1900's and is a collection of letters written by Celie first to God and then to her sister Nettie. It's quite disturbing because of the way the women are treated throughout this novel. I guess one of the things that stuck out to me was that Celie is married to Mr. ______, but she doesn't love him, was actually forced to marry him becuase of her father. Now his Mr. ______'s mistress Shug has moved into the house and it doesn't seem to bother Celie at all. As a matter of fact she is actually very interested in and attached to Shug. She talks about how Shug is the best thing that ever happened to her.

I was just thinking about how subordinated black women were during this time period and how incredibly far they have come and what they have overcome to get to this point. Pretty amazing.

1 comment:

Tanika said...

Nothing too drastic. I actually still have the same time roughly commuting. The real difference is that it usually takes me 25 minutes to get to work all told. I used to walk 10 minutes to the bus stop. Then ride for 15. Now I walk about 30 seconds to the bus stop and ride for 25 minutes. So it's roughly the same although now I can't walk to work. Unless I was really wanting to exercise.