I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Hat Hair, Dating Disasters, and other Important Issues...

A little tanikaisms to help us get through the day:

-Today I was walking and I noticed a guy with a very obvious toupee. It was sooooo bad it looked like a hair hat. It was the worse case of hat hair I've ever seen. I burst out laughing. It reminded me of the episode of Seinfeld where George gets a toupee much to everyone else's amusement and dismay.

-Last weekend I spent the night at a friends place and we inevitably discussed her current disastrous relationship. I'm friends with both her and her ummm...guy friend...or whatever he is and today I was walking in Barnes and Noble and I saw a book that caught my eye and as I read...it felt like I was reading a story about their relationship. It's called "Dating Disasters...And how to avoid them" by Joy Browne. Clearly my friend wasn't reading this book or maybe she wouldn't be in her current position. The book takes stories, edits out the names, and gives you interesting insight into relationship problems. She starts the book off by listing various guys out there. (Sorry that's as far as I got in the book I do have other things to do.) Some of the guys it's bad to be in a relationship (the ones I remember):

The Married Guy, The separated but still Married Guy, The Recently Divorced Guy, The Stuck Guy, The Dance Away Lover (The Game Player, The Addict, and The Manic-Depressive), The Mama's Boy...)

The guy my friend is seeing is the Dance Away Lover (there are 3 types). Joy Browne says, " He can't tolerate real intimacy because he doesn't like himself-and he fears that you won't like the "real" guy any better than he does." Because the closer you get to him the greater the risk for exposure. Closely related to Relationship Tip #11 is this guy. He'll take you away for a long weekend, then break up with you on Monday. After great sex, he'll have to go home. He needs to know that he is valuable to you, but at the same time is unable to make the same level of emotional commitment that you are, but ironically enough if he senses you pulling away he will start calling making sure you are still into him until you try to come back closer and then he pulls away again. It's like he secretly enjoys it. And the worse part is he makes it seem like it's your fault in the first place. Having you apologize for things you don't even know you did. It's crazy. Reading this chapter felt like I was rehashing my conversation from the weekend. It was nuts because that's exactly how this guy is.

-I love spicy pickles!

-It's annoying when people want you to scratch their back and they say, "Will you itch my back?" or that they have to itch their arm or something. I think, "It's already itching, isn't that the problem in the first place?" Argh!!!

-My allergies are acting childish again after 2 years on hiatus.

-Why is green so darn pretty?

-I think this lady wants to open a Mathnasium with me or something?

-It's just the Germans planning to take over I say.

Have a good day and as always enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true, Anna, and it's so hard to see a friend putting themselves through that. It's bad enough when they just don't realize what's going on, but when they know they're being treated badly and keeping telling themselves things like, "but sometimes he's really wonderful" and "I think this time he's really getting better" it just makes me want to shake some sense into them.

Why is it that super smart girls can turn really stupid when it comes to some guy who's not even remotely close to being worthy of them?