I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

It's A Boy!

As many of you know I have some interesting dreams (when I'm sleeping and awake) I dream about being kidnapped and tortured for gov't secrets. I dream of being the leading mathematician in the country. I dream in other languages and about other worlds. Then I'll have a really unusual dream. Like I'm pregnant.

For those of you who know Galimore. Back when I was in Blacksburg I used to dream I was pregnant by him about 3 times a week. It got to the point where he would act all offended if I didn't dream about him. (For the record I was never interested in him nor he in me. Usually though these dreams have no basis in the reality of me being or wanting to be pregnant. Galimore said he thinks it's me getting ready to start a new project or idea. Anyway the other night I had another dream. I sent an email to my friend about it so here are some of the excerpts:

...although I did dream I was pregnant last night. And the guy who I was pregnant by was this old grey haired Indian man (from India) who actually had a wife and adult children back in India. And no we weren't married. Mike wanted me to announce it at church, but I said you can't announce you're pregnant when you have a baby's daddy. Especially when your baby daddy already married. Mike was like "Oh!" Anyway we were trying to figure out what to name the baby and Mike was like why don't you name him after the baby daddy. So I figured his name should have been Krisnaraj, Hrithik or even Karthik you know something Indian. But it was Erek Kirkeric. I said that's not very Hindu. He said well it's my name ... I went back to the dad and he was like actually my first name Erek is short for Derek. Yeah Derek Kirkeric. Which I thought was kinda interesting. (on a side note everyone I talked to both my guy friends Eric and Derek and told them it's just a dream so I feel comfortable sharing this without it getting misunderstood, at least by them) I guess my dream was really an amalgomation of all the things I've thought about recently...

I go on to explain to my friend why I thought the name was like that. But funnily enough I was talking to my friend Derek yesterday and he said that he was asked to plan a baby shower and he had no clue what to do. I was telling him about my dream and then I was like maybe that's the new project or idea. So we sat around spitballing ideas for what to do at a baby shower and how to organize one. See easy peasy. I definitely am not trying to have children. At least not now and not by Eric, Derek, or an old Indian man (ok maybe the old Indian man. Just kidding). But I still thought it was kinda funny. Why do I have these weird dreams. Please feel free to share you weirdest dreams. I love hearing about those.

As always have a good day and enjoy.

Tanika's Relationship Tip #11: (at least I think it's 11) "Why can't you stop the games and act how you feel, or at least clearly state it." This was said to me yesterday by a good friend of mine. He is in the middle of a tumultuous relationship and has been for some months. We were both saying we are sick of all the game playing that goes on in male/female relationship. I know we all want "spice" in or relationships and to keep things interesting. Also we might be seeking to protect ourselves, but please STOP THE GAMES! Along the same lines of stringing someone along there is also the game playing. It's just like my tip #1. Consistency. But this is once you are already in a relationship. Saying crazy stuff like "I already saw you this week. That's too many times, I need to hang out with my boys now!" What kinda ignorant mess is that? Making sure that you always maintain the "upper hand" in a relationship, I guess it's what some people think it is. I think it's just plain childish. Then your whole relationship turns into all these manipulative games and then you can't trust your partner anymore. How long do you think that's gonna last. Relationships shouldn't be about maintaining the upper hand. It should be about loving, laughing and sharing. Because trust me all the game playing and score keeping is gonna get old, and quick.

5 comments:

Tanika said...

anna,

You know I've always secretly wanted a little indian appoppan of my very own. Remember that I guy I called Mr. Zamir in b'burg. Yeah he was kinda cute. Just kidding. Maybe it was because I saw a couple of "How do you do's" the other day and I also like older guys. What do you think.

Tanika said...

Excellent my evil plan is working.

Anonymous said...

I usually tell you about my weird dreams, but they're still not as strange as yours. I think...
Hard to say because mine are weird for different reasons than yours... Like that ice cream one I told you about wasn't really weird, what was weird is that I woke myself up laughing.

There was the time in college I dreamt that my husband gave birth to our baby instead of me. I wasn't even in the delivery room... I'd forgotten about that one... that was a funny one! Thanks for triggering my memory :)

Tanika said...

Yeah actually every once in a while I dream I'm dead or I'm dying. It's kinda like that dream you described when you felt like you are being attacked. Except in my dream I couldn't do anything. I wanted to breath but couldn't.

Brooke said...

I used to post about my weird dreams in my blog, but apparently I'm not a very good story-teller, because they usually turned out very boring when transposed from brain to blog.

I'm currently going through a stage in my dream patterns where I have long complicated and strange dreams, but can only remember vague bits of them in the morning. Makes for very poor blogging :)

Otherwise I'd contribute as well :P