I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Always Moisturize...

Ok so apparently I have abnormally soft skin. (Exceptions palm of hand and bottom of feet). How do I know? Because when people brush up against me and realize how soft my skin is they keep wanting to touch it. (i.e. the human resources manager at my old job, little kids, ummm...significant others (clearing throat), and the general public.

Yesterday I was working with a private tutor I have. She is an 8 year old little girl named Hanna who is extremely interesting and says some of the craziest comments that I've ever heard of. She is a little Jewish girl who currently speaks English, and Hebrew and is learning Spanish and she is obsessed with me teaching her how to speak slang. She repeats any slang-esque words she hears me say. Well a couple of weeks ago she discovered how soft my arm was when she accidently brushed up against me. Now she is always trying to stroke my cheek or touch my arm or something which really freaks me out a bit. But I know that it's just that kids are physically affectionate and don't have as many boundaries as adults so it's cool. But yesterday she kept brushing against my arm and finally I was like, "Hanna please stop and do your work." She said to me, "Tanika is there any part of your body that isn't soft?" and I said "you mean that's all hard and crusty." She was like "yeah hard and crusty." I said "yeah the bottom of my feet." She was all excited and said, "Can I touch them?" I said, "No Hanna, now get back to work!"

I guess because my skin is so dark I get "ashy" all the time. Or at least I feel ashy so I moisturize between 10-15 times a day. I don't mean to but I don't want to walk around looking like I bathed in the powder house. That's a phrase my mother used to use. "You so ashy, you looked like you bathed in a powder house." As a result. I guess my skin is soft, but that doesn't mean I want everyone to touch it. But if you are wondering how to entice that special someone may I suggest using a little moisturizer for extra dry skin. It works for me. (this is not a relationship tip)

As always have a good day and enjoy.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

*runs out to buy moisturizer*

Tanika said...

That's right Anna. You know whenever buying a scented moisturizer you have to find one that matches your body chemistry. Then you can't people off you, apparently. Remember curried aftershave guy? Phew! He needed to lay off the aqua velva.