I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

I give up, Everyone is better than me...

I have been really enjoying reading recent posts by all my fellow bloggers. You should check some of them out they are over there on the right near the bottom. (yes, I know it's a lot of work to scroll down, get over it.)

I was reading a really interesting post by the wonderful, lovely Lauren about relationships both romantic and platonic. She was saying that sometimes the relationships that we "fall into easily" are actually the most difficult ones to maintain because we may not have taken the time to really get to know the person. She also did clarify saying that many relationships die away for various reasons not just because they were whirlwind. She blames the media in her post, which I'm always a huge advocate of doing.

I thought about what she meant and I know that in this instance that I think I have traumatized my other friends with relationships I've had with totally different people. For example, they will see me become really "good friends" with someone. Spend every waking moment with that person and then all of a sudden I'm not with that person any more. Not because they aren't cool, but because for me it was just a phase I was going through and it usually happens with people like I am.

(Before I tell this story I would like to clarify that I'm straight. And you could replace the name of Shannon with the name of certain guys I know and it would be the same) I call it "falling in love with people" I am very choosy about who I fall in love with, but when I do I can't be with them enough (to a point). For example when I first moved to LA I met this girl named Shannon. We were coworkers and some how or other I realized that she was into books and movies as much as I was and I found that our interests coincided on a lot of mutual subjects. We started spending pretty much every waking moment together. We worked together, ate together, went out together, and pretty much did everything together. I wanted to know everything about her and I was pretty much into learning everything about her. Then after a while I realized ok I'm done now, but she isn't that type of person. I had pretty much gotten over the first "crush" phase I have with people and realized that in order to maintain a friendship we had to do more than just read and eat together. We had to share and live our lives together. So to speak. Now we are good friends because we both realized that our relationship was worth working on and getting deeper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the props :)

Tanika said...

that's what I do.