I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Good Times...Noodle Salad

It's been a very interesting couple of days. Although I am currently a domestic free spirit (i.e. I don't have an apartment anymore) I have been entertaining out of town guests. Lauren, who hasn't been to L.A. in many a long year, and by many a long year I mean she was here like 2 weeks ago. Also have a girl I went to university with, named Anne, is staying with me as well.

Saturday we spent the day at Venice beach, soaking up the salt air and enjoying the rhythmic drums of a protest. We also had four guy friends hanging with us who are visiting from Virginia for Spring Break. A couple of them are planning on moving out here in a couple of months, which I am really excited about. For all of these guys it was there first time in L.A.

One guy who I have known for quite a few years was born and raised in the small town where we all went to university. It was actually his first plane trip, which I also thought was pretty cool since I love flying so much. I asked him what he expected when got to L.A. and he said. He expected to get mugged, maybe see some shootings, and he expected there to be crazy homeless people everywhere. I started laughing. He said, "Why are you laughing?" I said because I have lived in L.A. a little over 2 years and I still haven't seen that stuff yet. Yeah there are a few crazy homeless people, but most of them just happened to get into a situation they didn't know how to get out of. They are just like everyone else wanting a better life.

Most people that I talk to who have never been to L.A. or any other major city before think the same thing about L.A. I guess if you watch t.v. shows that portray L.A. as a crime infested city. While there is crime it is pretty much the same as anywhere else. The only part of L.A. that can be eye opening is Hollywood. If you have never been to L.A. I won't spoil it for you. But it isn't what you think it is. Just like any other part of Los Angeles. However I think that everyone is enjoying their stay in sunny southern California. They are all just happy they don't have to wear coats or jackets. Anne can't seem to stop commenting on the people here that wear coats and hats even though it is sunny and warm outside. I told her that in Los Angeles fashion knows no temperature. Leather jackets are cute, so what if you have a heat stroke. At least you look good going to the hospital. I'll keep you updated on any hijinks of Spring Break Los Angeles 2005.

Have a good day and as always enjoy.

1 comment:

Tanika said...

Nothing could be further from the truth. Especially if you are in the valley. Studio City doesn't count because everyone who lives there are the Snooty Von Snoots. Myself excluded. I remember when you guys were here we definitely saw some fashion misfits.