I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

The Winter of Tanika

Sorry it has been so long since my last post. I have recently had many-a-vister staying at my place. I felt like a regular "Holidae Inn" exept without Chingy and Snoop Dogg.

I had some good fun playing hostess to my friends visiting from both the east coast and Arizona. And even though so many people were out of town we still managed to have a large Christmas celebration at my place because so many people were visiting. I have now entered into my rest period and have taken some much needed time off to rest and recooperate. It must have been that wild crazy time I had in Vegas (sorry I can't tell anyone what I did, because as you know what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas), but I think I did something to my hip because it's been hurting me recently so I'm just gonna spend the next week takin' it easy.

Some high points of my visit with my friends Sandra and Stephen were taking them around to all the ethnic food places where I like to eat. They are both adventurous eaters and put themselves completely in my hands and we had some good times and some not so good times. Especially in the middle of the night. A high point from my visit with Tomma was not only introducing here to public transportation but introducing her to Los Angeles public transportation. She actually went to a wedding on the bus. I was very proud of her. The first time she took the bus it had a detour but she stuck with it got off at a different stop and still managed to catch the bus she needed to catch and get to her appointed place on time. She is a woman after my own heart. Between everyone it felt like I went to Santa Monica a million times. I also feel like I never want to see another tourist spot again. But we had a good time together and I hope they all enjoyed themselves as much as I did.

So as I look back over the previous year I have been assessing my life and misadventures. Trying to figure out somethings I want to change and somethings I would like to stay the same. I'm not one for making New Years' Resolutions because I hate spending January 2nd and 3rd feeling bad about myself. So I just pick something I would like to focus on and deal with as each year comes. I'm still trying to figure that out, but I'm not sure where to start there are some many things I want to do this year. Places I want to go (Scotland) and people I want to see (William H. Macy). Just kidding about the latter.

There are also quite a few things I want to change namely my job. That means no more Savongirl stories and my place of residence. Those are probably the most high priority for me right now. Sorry I'm not ambitious like most. Of course I'll try to eat right and exercise more, but I'm just gonna take it one day at a time. See were life takes me. If you have any new year's rezies you wanna share feel free to post and as always...enjoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's baaaAaaack!!! woohoo!!! yeehaw!!!
lauren :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great time, nik...btw, how's the director's position looking?

Tanika said...

My new year and christmas was good. I don't move around a lot with my furniture. I didn't get any until I moved into the apartment I'm in now.

As to the director position. Someone else got it. Worse luck. Anyhoo. I'll keep people posted on my job search.