I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

No room in the inn...

Here's a little story that happened today, now I know how Mary and Joseph felt...

Woke up like any other Sunday morning and started on my way to Kairos. Every other Sunday I sing at church. Because I live so far from church I usually hang out there all day so that I won't have to make that long trek back to the A-P-T. Usually I read and take a nap in the Fountain Room (the place where we have church). Today I was really looking forward to it because I have been exhausted these past couple of days, but when we get to the Fountain Room they were having a Bridal Shower. So I along with my friend let's call him Jason look all over the building for another place to rest and take a nap, but there aren't any. Finally this guy I know tells us we should go over to the building behind ours and take a nap in a room they have on the second floor because it has couches. WELL ...this building belongs to the church we share a building with and it serves as a transitional house. Well I was just drifting off to sleep with my jacket over my face when someone comes in and says "Hey you aren't supposed to be in here." They didn't recognize Jason and so when I pulled my jacket from my face they were like, "Oh hey Tanika didn't realize it was you. Go ahead and stay as long as you like." Well needless to say both Jason and I were a little uncomfortable after this and didn't want to stay in the room any longer.

Well we left, but we couldn't figure out a place to go so we could sit and wait out the bridal shower and so Jason could get back and practice his bassoon. See Jason stays around at church to take a nap as well and practice his bassoon. Since Jason has fair skin like I do he didn't want to stay out in the sun. So eventually we ended up outside the door of the Fountain Room sitting on plastic patio furniture. It was good times. If any of you guys know me when I go somewhere I like to find a place I feel comfortable and tuck myself into that spot and the chill out there. If I can't make myself comfortable then I want to go home. I think Jason is the same way. So there we were sitting in the hall saying , "Man, I feel displaced" I felt all unwanted and unloved. Well now I'm writing to you from inside the Fountain Room where I'm enjoying the sounds of Jason practicing his bassoon and the company of my good friend Nate.

I think I have traumatized Jason permanently. I'm not sure he wants to hang out with me anymore. After I started off the day so well by getting him a cup of water. Well I guess you never really know. Anyway as always enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate that displaced feeling. Seriously - I'm sensitive to that.
Anyway, bassoon? You crack me up.
Can't wait to hear that bassoon in a couple weeks!!!
~LP

Tanika said...

Yes Jason is very talented with his bassoon. I wish everyone in the world could take a day out of life and enjoy Jason's bassoon playing.