I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Don't hate the player...

O.k. to break up the previous entries with something a little lighter. I was wondering if you guys remember Will Smith from back in the day. I'm talking DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air neon clothes and goofy looking smile Will Smith.

I was thinking about how he went from the goofy class clown type to smooth super stud. I was watching the production diaries for Bad Boys II and he was talking about the first time he realized he was attractive to women. He was sitting in the back of a screening for the movie Bad Boys and it was the scene where he is running down the street with his shirt flapping open and he hears a woman in front of him say, "Yeah you go ahead and run Will, mmmm-hmmm". Well needless to say after that movie if he wasn't famous enough Will Smith blew-up.

What prompted these thoughts you might add well it was a combination of two things:

One: Maybe because I live in L.A. they just have a lot more advertisements up so we get bombarded by marketing for various movies, services, and products. Well anyway I kept seeing advertisements for this movie Hitch starring Will Smith. I was very amused by the website. I really think it would be interesting for others to check it out as well especially guys trying to get dates with women. And for women wondering what in the world is a guy thinking when he asks me out.

Two: My friend Lauren has recently posted in her blog about love, dating and relationships. So naturally I've had dating and relationships on the brain.

So when the movie stated that Hitch was the cure for the common man I naturally went to the website to find out what was going on. Surprise, surprise it's about dating. Well I started thinking this is really funny. Will Smith portrays the smooth operator when he started off so goofy and awkward. I guess he knows something. I actually think most guys have the smooth operator in them they just don't know how to let it out.

For example I have a good friend lets call him Frank. My friend Frank actually has quite a few general things about women figured out. I would like to stress general here. We barely understand ourselves. I know this from conversations I've had with him. Well one day I was standing with my friend ummm...Judy yeah Judy and my other friend Sam. Frank came up and shook hands with Judy and myself and I introduced him to Sam. They shook hands. Frank has a very firm handshake. And Sam said to Frank, "Do you shake a woman's hand like that?" Frank said of course, women like it when a man has a good firm handshake don't they Tanika and Judy. Judy and I could barely speak we were nodding our heads so vigorously. See Frank knew something Sam didn't. Women respond different to a man depending on his handshake. A weak handshake says, "Ladies forget this guy he doesn't know what he's about and he doesn't know how to handle business" but the firm handshake says "Ladies you need to get to know this guy better" Unfortunately Frank doesn't know what to do once he's made the initial first handshake and made a good impression. Maybe he should check out this website as well. If anyone sees Frank let him know. Anyway have a good day and enjoy.

4 comments:

Michael Durand said...

hmm... i'll have to remember that about the firm handshake... any other advice for me, tanika?

Tanika said...

Why Mike, are you looking to make a good impression on a girl?

O.k. here is a freebie for you, if you are interested in making an impression on a particular girl then you need to make her feel special and unique. It's really easy...when spending time with her focus on her. Don't be all distracted and talking about doing other stuff with other people while you're with her. Focus on her. Cut your cell phone ringer off for a little while you're with her.

Anonymous said...

Dude, Will Smith is hot. He used to be goofy and adorable. Now he's hot. Anyway, I know you told me this story and real names, but I don't remember who they are. Seriously. My brain is fried from training. What was I saying... oh yeah, so you need to help these boys out. And thanks for the link-love.

MD - You shouldn't be trying to impress any girls until you figure out this marriage thing better. It ain't fair to lead a girl on!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh. I think I'm one of the characters, but I can't remember which one of if I'm delusional and you just told me the story earlier. Shoot. Well if I was a character, I would be Sam, the one who doesn't know that girls respond to a man based on his handshake. But, maybe I do know that and I just didn't want to participate in the dualistic sex dichotomy that fuels cultural misogynism that is largely responsible for the relative slow progress in controlling transmission rates for AIDS in Africa. Did you ever think about that? And for all those pop-psychologists out there, let me tell you that marriage and its prerequisite game hold no allure for me, I think the sooner we are rid of them the better (except for the people who want to play, they can play if they really want to), so let's keep the bitter gameless schmuck analysis to minimum. Tanika, please tell me who Frank is, I can't remember and now I want to pat him on the back.