I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Fish with the black tail...

Why fish, oh fish with the black tail
You won't let the others eat, it's enough to make me wail
As I drop the food inside, I'm trying not to waste
But you eat it so quickly, the others can't get a taste
I'm angry at you fish, do you want to know why?
The way you eat all the food the other fish will die.

I'm taking care of Dawson's fish while he is gone. Every time I put food in the tank the big one with the black tail eats all the food before the other smaller ones get a taste. I try to distract him while I feed the others.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so kind and thoughtful!

Anonymous said...

if you have a net, you can just pin big fish against the wall as you feed the others.

I need your phone number or something so I can talk to you and anne can stay with you in two days

fescoe

Anonymous said...

Tanika, you crack me up. I never noticed that about that fish. don't worry- Joe says fish can survive weeks without food. :) thanks for feeding them. what's your email? email me and let me know. we are in winter wonderland here in VA. Lisa

Anonymous said...

I can't handle animal to animal cruelty. Pinning Blacktail wagainst the glass would work, but it might cause her undue stress, making her susceptible to illness. Since fish don't really have a very good satiety mechanism (they'll keep eating until they, literally, explode- I've had it happen . . . well it didn't explode so much as bust something internally), feeding at different times wont' work either.

But you could try this trick. Divide the food you are going to feed in half, and drop on half in a single location. Blacktail will be all up in there pushing the others out of the way. While Blacktail is feasting (say 3-5 seconds in) drop the other half on the other side of the tank, more spread out. Hopefully the other fishes will have a chance to eat wherever blacktail isn't. Hope this helps.

By the way, can I get in touch with you somehow?