I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Mama Drama...

This past week was an emotionally stressful one as some of you know. I was innocently going on my way on Tuesday when I got a phone call from my older sister. She told me that my mother had gone into the doctor for a check-up and in the middle of it she started having a problem with her heart and they thought she might be having a heart attack. She went immediately to the hospital which is where she was when my sister called.

I tried to get as much information from my sister as possible, but she didn't know much and when I asked if I could speak with my mother she said she wasn't in a place where she could use a phone. She said she would call me back later with more details. I was on my way into work at the mathnasium and I must say that I was in a severe case of shock. I didn't know what to do or think and I must admit that a lot of thoughts were going through my mind. I was going to try to go to work any way because there wasn't much I could do except pray and wait. When I got into the mathnasium I tried to talk to my director and immediately burst out crying. To say I was stressed is a mild understatement. When I could finally get out what I was trying to say my director was like you don't have to work today just let me know what's going on. I left and started walking down the street. Walking is my cure all for stress, but it wasn't going to work. I need some serious alone time. I went to Santa Monica beach and just sat there staring out at the water waiting for my sister to call back. By the end of the night I had a monster of a headache.

I finally talked to both my mom and my sister and they both told me the same thing. The doctors weren't sure what caused it so more tests. The next day she was still in the hospital and waiting for the results of more tests. The tests she took came back abnormal so more tests. This afternoon she is supposed to be released from the hospital because they said that it was mostly stress related but it was causing her to have physical symptoms and they pretty much just kept her pumped full of drugs and stuff. The end result is she is going to be ok, but of course she is gonna need some medication and some lifestyle changes. Unfortunately the things that aren't going well aren't that easy to change. For those of you who know the Evans Drama. Anyway so suffice to say we are all worn out in more ways than one and I'm happy that my mom gets to come home from the hospital today. Otherwise I would already be on the east coast. You guys know how impetuous I can be.

The irony of it as is that my mom has been having chest pains and dizziness for a while. She doesn't like to tell me because she knows how stressed out and worried I get about her. Well anyway she was trying to go to the doctor, but because she doesn't have insurance it is difficult especially when they can't figure out what is wrong. They kept giving her the run around and the money started to add up. Well suffice to say she stopped going. Not because she was feeling better, but because she couldn't afford it or the time off work. My mom is a woman who would refuse and ambulance. For me it's frustrating to know that my mom needs medical care, but can't get it and there isn't anything I can do about it. Anyhoo...

To end on a good note I found out at the age of 25 I'm gonna be a big sister again. My stepmom is pregnant. That makes 8 of us chil'ren. Isn't that special. That made my mom laugh the hardest when she was in hospital. Anyway I hope you all have a good day and as usual enjoy.

Blactoid: Last night I was talking in the car with Judy and we were discussing race relations and various things of that nature. I told her about the blactoids and the things I was trying to share on my blog. Because of a new bogus law that just passed in VA I was telling her about other bogus laws in black history. Like the Jim Crow Laws. She couldn't believe what I was telling her. So I thought I'd share some with you.

No comments: