I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Brief Hiatus

I know I have been relating to you the story I affectionately refer to as "Trapped in the Vestibule". But I wanted to take a brief emotional break (haha just kidding) and write about something different. I don't know how many of you out there are like me (mostly women I assume) who associate sound, smell or texture with a particular event. But I am definitely like that. Whenever I smell cucumbers I think about this guy I know named Seth (don't question me).

Well this weekend I was helping my friend move to Las Vegas and of course we listened to a lot of music as we packed and moved. And for some reason it was old school weekend so we were listening to all these really good hip hop songs from back in the day (i.e. Goody Mob basically just Ceelo) and of course some old R&B favorites. I fondly remember being at the gas station singing "End of the Road" by Boyz II Men at the top of our lungs. Luckily none of us are easily embarrased. It was funny all of these "It's so hard to say goodbye..." type songs kept playing. But one in particular stuck in my head and I have been depressedly listening to it over and over again.

Although the song is obviously written by a woman to a man. Check out the title, "Let Me Let Go" by Faith Hill. (Yes it's country! It's the last song at the bottom) but the chorus has this bittersweet attachment for me because it was a song I listened to a lot when I broke up with an ex and it took a long time getting past. It's difficult for me to get over the fact that I won't get to see my friend whenever I want. That she won't be there for emotional support or for me to suport her. Anyway just wanted to vent a little bit. The irony of it all is that she is coming back for labor day weekend in like 2 weeks. I've definitely not seen her for 2 months so how is this that different. But it is...

2 comments:

Tanika said...

that's exactly what I mean. it's not like you see someone everyday. It's the fact that you can or can't as it were.

Anonymous said...

Goodbyes suck. And you're right, it's not the same.