I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Tanika's Los Angeles Beauty Secrets...

Yeah Right! Ummm...don't you know who I am? But I thought it would be a funny title. Well I've been thinking recently about something JR said a couple of months ago at Kairos. He told us to take a moment and think about something we would physically change about ourselves. (Go ahead and close your eyes and think about it for a second)

Well anyway living in a place like L.A. where people get plastic surgery like they are ordering a fast food meal it is easy for BOTH men and women to think about all their physical imperfections becoming irritated or disatisfied with their looks eagerly wanting to imitate someone they feel looks better or maybe just recreate themselves in whatever their idea of "perfection" is. (btw-plastic surgery is dirt cheap in Mexico in case you were thinking about it seriously)

Anyway when I thought about what I would change it came to me very simply. I would love to have my right baby toe undergo some reconstructive surgery. Ever since I was a little girl I've stubbed, jammed, sprained or broken the thing on a regular basis. It's little more than a scary chocolate stump. It's so knarled and twisted it looks like it's "throwing gang signs". Ok maybe it isn't that bad, but pretty close.

I mean really though my BABY TOE?!? What's up witht that? I mean let's get real I could start at the top of my nappy head and work my way down to that self-same toe and find a bazillion things that aren't "perfect" and need "a fixin'", but I decided a while ago that there are things about me that I might not like on the outside, but as long as I'm happy with the Tanika on the inside the rest can go walkabout. Because no matter what I change about my appearance to "appeal" to others if I can't live with myself then who cares.

So why now? Why the toe? Well because I stubbed it for the gazillionth time and it hurt to wear my shoe so in a fit of rage I started thinking. But I realize that it's pointless. Baby toe will ever be the same. Maybe she'll fall off of her own accord.

Well anyway as always have a good day and enjoy.

No comments: