I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Good wine...good times


As my lovely friend Lauren said my friend Derek and I went to visit her this weekend for a belated birthday celebration and a friendly visit to Vacaville. Because of Lauren's bewitching proximity to Napa Valley we were compelled to make a visit to the world famous wine growing region. Above you can see the view from the terrace of Sterling Winery which was our first port of call. I thoroughly enjoyed gazing out over the gorgeous view while soaking in the sun, the humming of the insects, and enjoying a glass of viognier. The crisp citrus flavor mingled with the atmosphere and company to provide an intoxicating experience. (my attempts at waxing poetic)

I must admit that I had to eat a heavy, carby lunch after this visit because those four tastings although spread over a couple of hours did rather go to my head. (they barely give you a sip. I guess I must be a lightweight after all, HAHA!) I definitely enjoyed this trip as much as my last to the Napa Valley. Although I think we overwhelmed Derek with our wine connoisseur skills. I definitely remember him pointing out that he couldn't tell the difference between a 75 dollar bottle and a 25 dollar bottle of wine. But what we told him is that it all boils down to your personal tastes. I prefer reds. Unless it's a fruity crisp white. However he did say he loved Moscato. That boy has excellent tastes.

Anyway we moved onto my next favorite place (St. Supery is in a class all it's own, thanks to Lauren). Frog's Leap Winery. It was a rustic, rambling sort of place with a huge red barn and an orchard where you could sample the fruit while you enjoyed the wine (which was free by the way). We sipped our 2nd Sauvignon Blanc of the day (there would be 2 more to follow) as we walked around inhaling the aroma of ripe peaches and lavender. We enjoyed some extremely good peaches and I brought a couple back for the Raceks. Afterward we went to St. Supery and another one that started with a C. For the life of me I can't remember the name. (btw-Lauren is so well known at St. Supery that we got to pretty much taste what we wanted even without our lifetime tasting cards)

We had a great evening with Greek food, more wine, and Derek's first experience of Alias. I think this weekend held a lot of firsts for my friend who had never been wine tasting. All in all I think it was a wonderful weekend full of laughs, good food, and great friends. If anyone is interested in going back just let a sista know.

As always have a good day and enjoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Tanika you rock. I already look forward to your next visit :)

Daniel said...

What, no cheese??

Tanika said...

As a matter of fact I did have cheese. But mostly feta...very big on the feta.