I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Just another Sunday?!?


It was a quiet Sunday afternoon in the outskirts of Culver City. I had just finished crying my eyes out at the end of the movie The Color Purple and was playing baseball in the backyard with Dawson. Then Lisa comes out and agitated says "Quick, get inside, there's a grenade next door! The bomb squad is here!". Not sure exactly what's going on I hurry inside with Dawson eagerly awaiting an explaination. Joe says, "Stay away from the south side of the house and the south facing windows. In case of flying objects." As we move into the family room Lisa explains that the next door neighbors found a live grenade in their backyard garage and the bomb squad was here to extract it and check for other "suspicious" objects. ( I would like to point out it's been there for 20 years (they say))

Now we are planted in front of the door watching as the armored bomb squad van pulls up, then the K-9 unit. Now more officers...the kids have pretzels and enjoy the show outside the door from a safe distance. Not sure what's happening we try to listen in as the officers communicate on their radios and talk to each other about progress...

Not sure of what happened we look away for a moment and in a flash they are gone. Is everything over? Has the grenade been removed? Are we safe? Sorry folks I don't have answers to those questions, I guess we all will have to just wait and see.

Tanika's Relationship Tip #12: Yes my friends it has been some time since my last relationship post, but it isn't because things haven't been happening it's because I just couldn't focus on anything. Over the past couple of weeks I have noticed that people can get hung up on various relationship. For example, creating the perfect situation where you meet the perfect person, expecting never to argue, or expecting someone to be able to read your mind and know exactly how to react. (This is NOT a comprehensive list). Or worse the negative ideal, i.e. that you are destined to only ever meet up with horrible people/situations or that only guys that will mistreat you are going to be attracted to you which is underlined both by Donna's post and also the comment my friend made to me this week, "Tanika is a good for something man every going to love me?". To tell the truth I try to stay positive about life, but I also like to be realistic. I like to think I'm a realistic optimist. (whatever that means). I guess what I mean is that I feel that sometimes it's difficult for us to let go of perfect scenarios or horrifying scenarios that make us think and feel that with any of our relationships if it doesn't go the way we ideally would like then it isn't the best way or worse that we expect the worse and that's all that can ever happen. We all are complex individuals (yes, you are...yeah you over in the back) and because are lives are sometimes complicated it's impossible for us to predict what's going to happen so whe shouldn't get bent out of shape trying or stressing out about worse case scenarios. Anyway feel free to share your comments.

As always have a good day and enjoy.

Addendum: The neighbors came over a few minutes ago and let us know that it was mearly a tear gas bomb. Nothing to worry about. It would mearly burn the very flesh from your bones. Nothing to serious. They will continue searching for more tear gas and will keep us up to date.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that's an adventure! They'd have told you if it wasn't all safe and clear and such.

As always, I enjoyed your relationship tip. People should listen to you - you are so smart!