I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Getting Older...

For some reason whenever my birthday is drawing near I start reflecting a lot more on my life and what I'm doing and where do I see myself and all that jazz. I took a mental health day on Saturday and headed off to Long Beach to think about things and meditate.

Later I talked to my friend Lauren about something I had been thinking about. I was telling her that my friend Lisa is less than 2 years older than I am and she is married with 3 children and one on the way and they are buying a house and she is sooo responsible. She is who I go to for advice or just some good common sense when I'm having a problem. I said that next year I'll be the same age she is now and I said there is no way I could be as mature and responsible as she is to which Lauren laughed and said neither could she. I was telling her my sister is also 17 months older than I am and she also has 4 children and she pays mortgage and takes care of all these children and deals with all these responsibilities.

I thought will I ever be ready for that sort of thing. Man! It's just tough thinking about getting older let alone doing it. I don't mean to say that I haven't enjoyed my life because I have and I like the level of responsibilities that I have. Sometimes I wish I had less, but I always wonder if this is the way it will always be....Anyway that's just what I was thinking about. Have a good day and as always enjoy.

Tanika's Relationship Tip #3: Don't let other people set the pace of your relationship. I think this is pretty self-explanatory, but to avoid confusion I will elaborate. A lot of times in relationships people feel pressure from society, family, or friends to take their relationship to the "next level" whatever that means for each person. For example if two people get along really well and have been dating for 6 months people start jumping down their throat "so when are you getting married?" As if they don't have enough to think about. Or sometimes before you are ready you will start sleeping with/move in with/ build a life with someone when you aren't ready to move that quickly. The next thing you know you have been dating for 2 weeks and it feels like you have been together 2 years (2 incredibly long years). I think you should enjoy the process of getting to know someone, but that's just me. I've usually rushed into things in relationships because I felt that there were these "relationship markers" I had to get to based on what friends/family or society said. Then I would be miserable. I think the only people that should be setting the pace of a relationship are the people who are actually in it. Don't be afraid to let the other person know how you feel about the pace of your relationship. That's part of honesty and communication which I feel are key to any healthy relationship.

1 comment:

Tanika said...

It's funny, but what you said reminded me of a Seinfeld episode. It's one where Jerry was going out with the girl (a gymnast) for a week or so. And it wasn't workinging out. He was asking Elaine if he could break up with her. She asked if he had slept with her. He said yes and she was like well you're gonna have to put in at least 3 more weeks. He groans and says "3 more weeks!"