I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Tasting Los Angeles...(Chapter 1 of 3)

As some of you know this past week one of my good friends Daniel came to visit me in "sunny" SoCal. As I said I wasn't sure if LA was ready for him. And in all truth more crazy, funny, and interesting things have happened in or around LA this past week than they have in months. That boy comes over here and the next thing you know everything gets turned on it's head.

It started off with his real reasons for coming to visit LA. I'm sure that had something to do with the chain of events he set in motion by his arrival to the city. I'm sure he didn't come to visit me or his brother and he definitely didn't come to take in the sites. He came for all the good food LA has. What tipped me off was that we spent more time eating at a hole-in-the-wall Oaxacan restaurant than we did at all the LA tourist attractions combined.

We went on to eat at a multitude of restaurants that are difficult to find on the east coast. We had Ethiopian, Persian, Indonesian, and he had Korean BBQ. I didn't realize all the good places there were to eat in this city that I just take for granted are available everywhere. I leave it to Daniel to post what he liked best as well as any pictures he would like to show about his trip out here. If he doesn't well then something is wrong with that boy.

I think the point where I realized that we did have a surfeit of foods from around the world was when I asked if he wanted to get some Armenian fast food. Only in LA will you find Armenian fast food, when you can't even find an Armenian restaurant anywhere else. (exceptions being Lebanon, Armenia, etc)

Anyway I look forward to sharing all the other "juicy" details of Daniels trip to LA and all our adventures, but I'm actually feeling a little under the weather and will "post"pone further details until my next entry.

I hope you have enjoyed all the links and cheesy quotation marks. Have a good day and as always enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I go to LA for the food too. Which is why we better eat at some of those places next time I come!

Tanika said...

Anna: Daniel had a one track mind. How many different places we could eat at in the shortest amount of time was his ultimate goal.

LP: Don't worry we will definitely go to Indo Cafe. That was Daniel's favorite and I enjoyed it as well.