I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Monday, February 13, 2006

...it's like a disco with books...

today as I started my business class at the local community college I was reflecting on a Chris Rock comedy routine where he was saying that after he got a GED someone had the nerve to say "Now you can go to college" He said, you can't go to college with a GED. The only college you can go to is community college. Basically that community college is like a disco with books. Why is it called community college...because anybody from the community can go there, drug dealers crackheads you name it.

Although I didn't particularly see any people of that description it is a new experience for me and I look forward to the interaction I will have with the professor and my classmates. Of course my professor is a sassy black woman. So I get to deal with that 2 days a week at 8 am. If anyone knows me the adjective that describes me least at 8am is sassy. I'm hard pressed to be sassy at 11 am. She made us do this exercise this morning where we walked past each other looking at the ground. Then again while making eye contact. Then again while touching on the shoulder and making eye contact, and finally eye contact and shaking hands. The last person you shook hands with was your new friend. My friend was Steve. He's like me. Works, but is going back to learn more about business.

I'm actually looking forward to the semester. I've been thinking of ways to meet more people that I normally wouldn't, but in an atmosphere I want to be in as well. So now I know Steve. There are some talkative girls in the class, but the teacher put them on lock so that shouldn't be a problem.

As always have a good day and enjoy.

1 comment:

Tanika said...

Yeah the prof (who by the way doesn't want to be called professor or teacher she said she is a lamplighter, whatever that means) is really wacky. I guess this is making up for all the dusty old professors I had in the physics and math depts at Tech.

Yeah algorithms, doesn't sound too zany. You know what I also realized. That I'm actually going to be interacting with business majors or other majors outside of the engineery realm on an academic basis. I pretty much ignored other majors at Tech. I was too busy trying to pass.