I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

East Coasters...

I've definitely been enjoying spending time with my family and unwinding from the fast pace of Los Angeles. Things are definitely a lot slower here in Durham, NC. The other day we were in a restaurant and everyone was moving slowly, eating slowly, talking slowly and suprise surprise no one got impatient or upset by the slow pace. I guess it is a different mentality.

I've been trying to make it a point to observe the people out here so I can think about it when I get back to LA. One thing is certain. People do not get very impatient when they have to wait in line for things. It's like they realize they have to and they don't blow up about it. Not so the Californian. However there are some people out here that would fit in in LA. My older sister for example. She seems to suffer from the Californian road rage. She speeds up driving really fast only to stop on a dime. She gets angry when people don't peel out when the light turns greeen and she makes california left turns. (that means that 2 people can turn left after the light turns red). If it wasn't for her Amish ways she would fit in perfectly in SoCal.

My family is still crazy. I'll be bringing back some interesting phrases when I get to LA. I also think we scared my friend Daniel this weekend because he went to dinner with my family on Saturday and to say we are rowdy is a mild understatement, but he held his own. But I noticed he did laugh a lot. It was like that movie my big fat greek wedding and he was Ian Miller no need to guess who we were. Not helping was the fact that we are from Chicago helping the stereotype. Anyway that's all i have to say for now. I need to hit the showers. I think my sister is going to force us to take a family picture at Sears today. Ugh!!!!

As always have a good day and enjoy.

3 comments:

Michael Durand said...

can't wait to hear your new interesting phrases...

Tanika said...

trust me i will. maybe I'll just post a evans-english dictionary.

Anonymous said...

This pretty much made my day :) It's up to you whether to feel flattered or sad for me, lol! But really, it made me happy to read about your visit and I think the evans-english dictionary is a great idea!