I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Button Up!!!

So this Tuesday I'm making tracks for the east coast. Hopefully the leaves will still be changing color and there will be that autumn nip in the air. Sorry all you Californians out there who think you have the best weather in the world. I've learned to keep my mouth shut when people from out here tell me that of course I would want to stay in L.A. it has the best weather in the world. Making comments like "Isn't it great that you can wear shorts and a tank top at Thanksgiving?" While I'm thinking..."Ummm...I don't wear shorts or tank tops!" And believe it or not I actually enjoy NOT getting heat stroke on Christmas Day.

My favorite season is autumn because it's pretty (I know everything is dying) and my allergies don't bother me and it's usually fully of cool winds or BRISK breezes if you prefer. I love it when my cheeks get numb from the cold. I'm a certified weirdo and that's fine. I enjoy having hot cider when I actually need it. Not when I'm acting like it isn't 90 degrees in November and I'm trying to get into the holiday spirit so I drink hot drinks anyway because it's the right time of year while breaking out in a heat rash. Just not my thing.

So I'm gonna visit my family in NC and VA. And hopefully see some friends as well. I'm looking forward to a little calm after the business of L.A. I haven't really been away for any significant bit of time since last year (February) I took a couple of trips to Vegas (but everyone knows that doesn't count) and I also stole away to Vacaville (aka Napa Valley) jk Lauren. I love visiting you. Btw-Dawson wants to visit. I hope you are ready. But it wasn't the same as actually getting away from the big CA for a while and actually seeing the stars and hearing other sounds besides the steady hum of traffic or police sirens. I think my ears will probably ring most of the time, that's what they did when I was in Napa for more than 2 days. They started ringing because I couldn't handle the silence.

I know I haven't written much these days and I'll probably be writing even less because I'll be trying to spend time with my family not time in front of the computer when I'm there. I hope you all have a great week and for those of you celebrating Yom Kippur and Sukkot, May you be inscribed in the book of life. Enjoy the High Holy Days as I will.

As always have a good day and enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Tanika, just got a chance to catch up on reading about your exciting adventures. Congrats on the job promo! That's awesome, and you so deserve it. Glad to hear everything's going well with you and hope you enjoy every bit of home.

Take care,

Sandra