I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

"Can I quote you on that..."

In a mildly ego-centric moment I decided to google myself to see if it was still easy to find me. And up it still is. No excuses for anyone out there trying to find Tanika Evans. And you know what the best part is. My picture is the only one that comes up in images when you google me. Does this mean I need help...yes it does.

Anyway as I was looking I saw that I was quoted (the one I'm in is at the bottom of the page about math of course) in about saying that "If you ask a 9 or a 10 year old their favorite subject, they probably won't say math" I forgot I did this interview a while ago regarding an math intervention program I did with Mathnasium at a Los Angeles charter school called C.L.A.S.

I have to admit that was a very challenging undertaking and now as the director of the Mathnasium in that charter school I'm finally seeing the benefits of the educational seeds we sowed. I won't name names, but there are a few kids who attend that school that have been struggling in math and their parents enrolled them in the program and I've noticed how secretly they are excited about finally understanding things they thought they never would be able to, or having things explained in a way that makes sense. Why do I say secretly...well because it's still not "the thing" to be into math yet. We're working on it, but I see the change in their confidence and abilities and I guess that's what really matters.

Anyhoo back to looking at other people on the internet. As always have a good day and enjoy.

1 comment:

Tanika said...

Anna you knew I was crazy already so that's cool. I guess I'll be seeing you guys in 21 days. Man that's 3 weeks from today. I just realized as I did the calculation :)