I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

A New way to spell evil...I-K-E-A!

As you can tell from the title I've had a small quibble as it were, with a very popular company that I sometimes refer to as "Oh it's Swedish for ugly!". Just kidding, but seriously just because I don't enjoy the overly angular and sometimes not apparently functional designs that have resulted in Ikea's undeniable financial success doesn't mean that their products aren't good. I guess some people just don't have any real sense of style or taste (of course they none of those people wrote this post).

Recently I had to purchase a bookshelf from work, and of course I turn to one of the leaders in cheap furniture...IKEA! I happen to be one of the "fortunate" souls that lives relatively close to 3 different Ikeas so I have a choice of where I can go and I also live within range of getting a delivery. Thinking that like any other major international company Ikea had it's delivery policy at least to a certain level of competence. I couldn't be more wrong. I ordered a bookshelf about a month ago at this point. Last week Ikea sent me an email saying due to an incredible volume of orders they weren't able to process mine. So what does that mean...they have to REprocess my order. Then they proceed to tell me that I won't get my order for another 3 weeks and oh by the way we are gonna slap a 90 dollar shipping fee on the 10 mile drive we have to make to deliver it to your office. I couldn't have been happier.

Ikea you get a big raspberry from me!!! Sorry about all the ranting posts these days. Blame it on the lack of ergonomically designed furniture in my office. As always have a good day and enjoy. ;)

6 comments:

Tanika said...

that's right donna I just realized you are right. If you look at the locations of Ikea you will see they focus on densely populated areas. Appealing to the herd/mob mentality of blind uninformed action. See they know they couldn't get away with it in a scarely populated area.

Anonymous said...

That was definitely the downfall of any plans we'd had to go to Ikea last weekend. So I still have never been. Sounds like I'm not missing out. I looked on the website when I was shopping for a bookcase and concluded I could obtain the same quality at a look more compatible with my style for a cheaper price at Target. And you can order online with them also. Just wanted to throw that out there. :)

Tanika said...

I know right!

Daniel said...

i spell evil W-a-l-m-a-r-t

Anonymous said...

Been waiting for the same bookcase piece to the entertainment unit for about a month now. No word on delivery, just check back every week. ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!??? If the things are so popular then ORDER MORE. Oh, and low and behold they are also out of the extra shelves for said bookcase.... go figure.

Tanika said...

I empathize with you. For the record I gave up trying to buy that bookcase from Ikea. I ended up buying one from office depot instead. The best part was they delivered for free.