I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Friday, December 10, 2004

It all finally makes sense...

I just finish reading a blog my friend Lauren posted about her fascination with a Star Trek: The Next Generation Star, Wil Wheaton. She went further to outline her other geek crushes which I thought was very brave and it has helped me to realize something. Girls like geeks.

Every since I was a little girl I have always had geek crushes. It's what started that whole nerd equation and the verification of the coefficients of said equation, for those of you who were involved in that. For those of you who know me, the geekier the better. After reading lauren's blog I realized that other girls are into geeks too. That's why you see a geek guy with a non-geek girl and you are wondering, "How did he end up with her?" It's the geek factor. One of the funny things that seems to happen to me quite frequently as some of you know is that I will have a crush on a guy, who even by his own standards realizes he is a geek/nerd whatever. Then I will find out two or more girls have a crush on the same guy. The whole time the guy will be completely oblivious to the fact that he is a serious lady magnet. But now it doesn't seem so strange. See fellas there is hope for everyone. I just wish it worked in reverse. No guy out there is going man I'm looking for a really geeky girl. If only she enjoyed large systems of non-linear equations, enjoys geeky/corny jokes, and would prefer to read to pretty much anything else. If there are some guys like that out there just let me know, we can have a relationship made in geekdom. Anyway that's all I have to say about that. As always enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I talked a little about the geek guys getting the hot girls but the geek girls getting no love in my follow up post.
But I just wanted to clarify that my Wil Wheaton crush was in middle school. My current fascination with him is the nostalgia stirred up by seeing him on VH1. It will fade fast unless his blog continues to be interesting.
Some geek guys say they really go for geek girls, but I think it's like the guys who say they are really into tall girls: they're mostly full of crap and that's not who they end up dating or marrying. So why do they even say it?! argh! Maybe they think it makes us feel better, but unless I'm into the guy and he's simply indirectly saying he likes tall geeky girls by saying that he likes ME, well then it doesn't make me feel better. In fact, I didn't feel bad to need to feel better until he started in on the pity cheerleading. Sometimes guys are just not smart about girls. Thus the oblivious lady magnets.
Lauren

James said...

Hey, there are geeky guys who like geeky girls. I'm majoring in computer engineering along my path to a Ph.D in robotics and my current interest is a wonderfully geeky electrical engineering major. The only complaint I have about her is that she's so socially out there that *I* like her and I'm giving signs, and she's giving signs back, and has yet to figure out I like her (I think). It's annoying, but since I plan to ask her out before the end of the quarter, I think she'll figure it out soon enough.

The problem with non-geeky girls is that they are only superficially interesting. I have dated 3 girls, 1 truly geeky, 2 not. The 2 non-geeky girls are completely forgotten. The geeky girl I still have a thing for, but circumstances do not permit a relationship.

But the geeky girls...You remember your conversations with them, you laugh at the same jokes, you can share your dreams and aspirations and feelings with them and -know- they understand you. It's even better if they're in a similar enough field that you can go from chatting about your relationship to talking shop. Which is why I vow to never date another girl unless she has or is pursuing a degree in some sort of engineering discipline. They just aren't the calibur. Unfortunately, geek girls are EXTREMELY rare -- and as such, I'm surprised they aren't downright rolling in men.

But, I hope that cleared something up for you.