I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Another Year

As I sit here contemplating the passing of another birthday, I am reminded of the fact that I ought to be working on at least 1 of 10 projects currently on my plate.  However, working doesn't leave much time for contemplating.

Even though I had been thinking about today constantly for the past 12 months, somehow when I woke up this morning it was still a surprise to realize it was my birthday.  I tried not to think about it too hard because then I would try to come up with reasons why I didn't really need to go to the office and would much rather have spent the entire day watching movies in my pjs while eating popcorn.

However, now that I've slowed down from the hectic rush of morning meetings, one-on-ones with staff, and a brief video chat with family I can feel the sound passage of time.  Comparing the way I feel now to the way I felt 10 years ago is a bit daunting and intimidating.  Trying to see if the goals I set for myself are anywhere near accomplished.  Thinking about how I'll feel in 10 more years...

Maybe it's time to stop contemplating and get back to work.

No comments: