I am 50% Left Brain and 50% Right Brain. Interesting...

You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Monday, December 12, 2005

The Chronicles

The other night I had the wonderful privilege of going to the premiere of the Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe at the El Capitain theatre in Hollywood. I have to admit I was a little afraid that the movie wouldn't live up to my expectations and that the glitz and glamour of Hollywood would overshadow the movie that I and others were looking forward to enjoying. Between the wonderful setting, VIP seats, the snow that fell on us the pre-movie show and the complementary drinks and popcorn I became more and more nervous that they were putting on this big production in order to cover up the fact that they were going to do a botched job on the movie. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Although some people, like myself worry about whether Hollywood can do justice to a much beloved novel and author as I feel they deserve, as a fan and an avid movie goer I'm always interested in another persons interpretation of something to see if they are true to what was originally intended or if they come away with the same things I did. And even if they didn't that's ok because at least they have opened the eyes of others to looking at something they may never have thought about and giving others an opportunity of discovering or rediscovering C.S. Lewis.

As I said earlier in the post they definitely did an excellent job with this film. I must admit that though I've read C.S. Lewis recently it wasn't any of the Chronicles of Narnia. I actually haven't read them for about 15 (almost) 16 years. But as I watched the film pieces of my memory came alive and I started to enjoy it more and more as the film progressed. They definitely stayed true to the heart of the film and I have to admit that I was deeply moved by the portrayal of this time honored classic. I won't discuss the film in any detail here in case you want to see it for yourself, but I would like to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it and I think you will as well.

I would also like to share a funny comment a man made as I was leaving the theatre. He said that he wasn't expecting such a strong Christian theme in the movie. I couldn't help bursting out in hysterical laughter because I was thinking don't you have a clue about the Chronicles of Narnia, did you watch the trailer, do you even know who C.S. Lewis is. It's comments like those that make Lewis fans think everyone else is equally as ignorant of Lewis' works, but I don't think that's the case at least as far as the movie is concerned.

As always have a good day and enjoy.

No comments: